Kik for PC: Nowadays more and more messaging apps are proving themselves inefficient and very vulnerable to privacy attacks and in this day and age where privacy is a concern for a lot of our readers, we can surely recommend to you an app called Kik Messenger for PC.
Also Check: Worldbox for PC
Kik for PC is like no other and offers instant messaging services with encrypted messaging. Kik uses your mobile data or any other wifi that you are using and with the help of connectivity, it offers you text messaging, sending pictures, videos and webpages to anyone who uses the same application.
Download Kik Messenger was developed by its Canadian mother company established in early 2010, Kik Interactive, and mainly directed at all types of mobile users, and the process for using it for mobile devices is fairly easy:
- Just download the app from the Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Register with your name and details
- Enjoy texting your friends.
Check out Best Productivity Apps for PC
But this does not mean that the users of the app cannot take their texts on the go with a laptop, but the only hurdle that the users who love Kik face is that the Kik Messenger is not available on the Windows App Library ie; not available for download for personal computers.
But you do not need to panic as you have come to the right place searching for the solutions, and we have just the right ones for you.
Please go through with the full article and you will know how to get Kik Messenger up and running on your laptop and for our readers who have just stumbled upon this article and have not used Kik Messenger yet, we have just the section for you in this article so please skip to the Features of the Kik messenger and then you can also get to know as to how to get it running on your laptop.
Also Check: Geeni App for PC
|System Requirement||Windows 7/8/10|
How to Download and Install Kik for PC
In this section of the article, we will be telling you how to download and install your favorite messaging app, Kik Messenger.
So there are 3 feasible ways to do this and we would recommend you not rush through this section of the article.
Firstly we would like to tell you how an android emulator works on a PC.
The architecture of the apps that you use on your android devices is different from the ones that you use on your personal computer and using android emulators you can use apps of different architecture like Kik messenger that is designed for mobile phones but can be used by downloading it on an android emulator.
Two of the methods demonstrated below will be making use of android emulators and if that does not suit your taste, then we have a different method that uses a Chrome Extension technique, so we have it all sorted for you.
Now, these are the following methods for getting Kik for PC:
- By using Bluestacks Android Emulator
- By using Leapdroid Android Emulator
- By using a Chrome Extension
Also Check: Inshot Video Editor for PC
Bluestacks Emulator Method
To start using the Bluestacks method, you first need to download the Bluestacks app that is available to download at its official website and can be found for all three systems, which are; windows, mac, and Linux.
- First, start with completing the installation process of the android emulator.
- Then you can go in the search box of the application and type “Kik Messenger” in the box, now select the app
- Please press the install button and now in some time, the app should be downloaded.
- Now after opening Kik, create an account and you are good to go.
- Enjoy chatting with your friends and family.
Also Check: GT Messenger Recovery for PC
Leapdroid Emulator Method
Now with the same method, ie; going to Leapdroid’s official site, you can install the emulator but please be patient as the Leapdroid application can be a little larger and now:
- Start by searching for the app in the emulated Play Store.
- Click on install once you find the messenger app.
- Register and click on sign up to start texting your family and friends.
Also Check: GBWhatsApp for PC
Chrome Extension Method
The google chrome extension method is for those of our readers that do not have much space left on their pc for bulky emulators and here are the steps to get the Kik Messenger Extension on your homepage:
- Go to Google Chrome and type in “chrome extension for Kik Messenger”.
- Now click on the first link and you will be directed to a page where you can click on the “add to chrome”, and in the destination either add the homepage of your PC or the chrome extensions folder and you are good to go.
Features of Kik Messenger
Now this section is especially for our readers that have not yet shifted to Kik Messenger and are worried if this app has enough features for them, well the answer is a BIG YES. Here we have listed the major features that Kik offers its users and they are as follows:
- Access Web from the application itself: There is a dedicated option for opening a browser window while texting your friends, so you won’t has to quit the app if you want to get a quick search done.
- Privacy: one more thing that makes Kik special is that it prioritizes privacy the most over other things, its encrypted chat system is one of a kind and it only accesses your contact list with your permission.
- Profile Integration: Kik lets you create your own unique profile name that is similar to none other than you and you can set a profile picture.
- Group chats: the great thing about this messaging app is that you can not only talk to your friends individually but also create groups with your friends and make the conversations more fun.
- Video Chats: If you ever want to talk to that friend who never comes online, Kik also offers a feature that lets you have an encrypted video chat with your friends and it also can be done In a group chat with all of your friends.
We have listed the most prominent features of the app here and we bet that you will be getting much more when you start with the app because Kik has a lot of subtle ease of life features. Now for our readers that are in a rush, we have also curated a FAQs section for the top go through.
Also Check: PhonePe App for PC
What is Kik Messenger?
Kik Messenger is an app built for its users to connect to each other, and with the chat-box, they can send each other text messages, photos, video messages, initiate group chats and with the built-in privacy features, it makes it one of the safest apps on the market.
Can Kik Messenger read your personal chats?
No, not at all. All the chats are encrypted with no backdoors provided to the employees or the people at the company.
Can I use Kik Messenger on my Personal Computer/Laptop/Desktop?
Yes, absolutely. This can be done through the use of chrome extensions or the app can be downloaded on an android emulator.
Also Check: PlayIT for PC
This has been it from our side and we always would recommend all of our readers to stay careful with the technology in their hands as it can turn into a boon real quick, please set strong passwords on the app and never share extremely sensitive data on any messaging app unless it is encrypted to the core, and we hope that you enjoyed the article and made use of the information provided.
Keep following ForPC.onl