Libby App for PC is one of the most popular mobile applications which offers millions of ebooks, magazines, and audiobooks from a huge library, offering the best writings and literature from all over the globe. The users can access their favorite books in electronic form on their mobile phones anywhere and anytime.
Libby lets the users access their local library virtually just with a digital id card and this app. It is a free android app that can be used on Android and iOS devices and recently the developers have launched its PC version for Windows operating system.
Libby was developed by a team of One Drive, to support the local libraries and it has gained a huge user base.
Also, the interface is so simple yet attractive, it is designed in such a way that users from all age groups can access it very easily. With Libby App, users can borrow any book from their local library of which they are a member, even without visiting the library physically.
Libby App for PC is a pure blessing for book lovers.
|Name||Libby, by overdrive|
Also Check: iBooks for PC
Features of Libby App
The most important and useful features of the Libby App are mentioned below:
- Libby allows users to browse a variety of ebooks, magazines, and audiobooks of different writers, categories, and genres from their local library with the help of the digital catalog present in the app.
- Readers can borrow any book they want to read and even borrow the audio version and enjoy them sitting at their place.
- Also, a unique feature of this app is that it lets the readers download or stream the subtitles of any book as per their requirements. They can download any e-book or magazine for offline reading and listening.
- The best feature of the Libby app is that the users can send their favorite books from their local library to the kindle library and can read them there as well.
- Readers can use the tags to create their reading list and can access them very easily on the Libby App.
- Also, users can use the same Libby account and sync it to different devices, so that they can read or listen to audiobooks from the page they left it previously.
- Using this app, Readers can customize any of the books by adjusting the size of text, background color, design of style of book, etc to make it more interesting and fun.
- Libby App allows the users to zoom in and also they can search for any word or phrase in the entire book.
- One unique feature of this app is that users can listen to audiobooks by adjusting the speed of audio and can also set a sleep timer.
- Libby App is very user-friendly which lets the users go forward and backward with a simple swipe. Also, users can highlight text, add notes and bookmarks which makes them more involved in the reading process.
Download Libby App on PC
Libby App is available on the Microsoft Store and can be easily downloaded on all versions of Windows. So, to download this app on other PCs like Mac or Linux, users have to download an android emulator. Follow the steps written below to download and use Libby App on different PCs:
To download and install the Libby app on Windows-based PCs follow the steps written below:
- Firstly open the Microsoft Store on your PC and then search for Libby App.
- Now you will see the option of downloading it, click on the download button highlighted in green, and then the .exe file of the app will be downloaded in a while.
- After that go to the downloads and double click on the file and install the application on your PC.
- When the installation will be completed, you just need to open the application and login in or sign up for it.
- After that, you can search for a book or magazine on the application and can download or stream it.
If you are not a Windows user then you won’t be able to download the Libby app directly. For example, if you are using a Mac OS or a Linux OS then you have to download an Android emulator to use this application. Android emulator will help you convert your PC into a virtual Android device so that all the applications can run smoothly.
There are different Android emulators that are available on the Internet and can be easily downloaded, the most popular emulator is the NOX Player so you can use it to install this app. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open any web browser on your PC and then search for Nox Player.
- After that, you will see a lot of options to download this emulator but open the official website and download the extension file of the NOX Player from there.
- Once the download is finished, click on the .exe file to install the Nox Player. A Setup Wizard will appear on the screen and it will show the license agreement to use this software.
- Now agree to the license agreement and then click on the Next button. Another setup window will appear here and now you need to select the location of the storage path where you want to store Nox Player. You can do so by clicking on the browse button and then clicking on the next option.
- After that NOX player will be installed in a while on your PC. Installation is completed, open the emulator and you will be able to see an Android device-like setup on your screen.
- Open Google Play Store and then search for the Libby app. Click on the download button and once the download is finished, install the application you are all set to browse a variety of books, magazines, and audiobooks on your PC.
- The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that you have to open the Nox Player every time you want to use the Libby app on a PC otherwise this application will not run.
Also Check: Kindle App for PC
If you are a member of any local library but you are not able to visit physically and borrow books to read then Libby App is the best solution for you as it allows the users to access and borrow books, magazines, and even audiobooks from their local libraries in digital and virtual format.
All you need is your virtual ID card and this application downloaded on your device. Libby has become very popular among users and is in huge demand.
Especially during this pandemic when people will not be able to visit libraries this app has been pure bliss. So, if you are also looking for an application that lets you read and listen to books anywhere and anytime then Libby App for PC is best.
Also Check: Wattpad for PC