CamScanner for PC is one of the most renowned and efficient scanning applications for documents, files, and images. Created by a Chinese company, CamScanner has made life simpler by allowing us to scan, save and share important documents and images via the electronic mode simply and quickly.
With over 300 million downloads, it gained fast popularity due to its power-packed features and smooth performance. It was also one of the first such applications to be launched in the market. The app allows users to scan documents from their phone camera itself and save or share them either in photo format (ƒƒ) or in a document format (PDF). This free application has numerous other editing features for users, while the paid version offers additional useful options. It offers a simple and smooth user experience and has little to no lag issues.
CamScanner is an android application targeted specifically at phone users. It cannot be directly downloaded and used on a PC. If you wish to install CamScanner on your PC, in this article we provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to do so.
Varies with device
Varies with device
|Supported Android Version||Varies with device|
|Last Update||June 2021|
Downloading CamScanner on your PC would solve a lot of problems for you. In fact, it will be the easiest way for managing your documents and scanning them for any usage. If you wish to download the app in your PC, we are sharing an easy way to download it on PC via the android emulator app, BlueStacks. Let us now discuss the process here.
- First of all, you are required to click here.
- You need to now download the app BlueStacks which will only take a minute or so.
- Once you see that the download is completed, you need to run the app.
- The app will be installed and get saved into the C drive of your PC. You can check that.
- Post-installation, you need to now make an account by entering your valid information.
- Now you have finally installed the emulator app, BlueStacks. The next step is to search CamScanner on Google Play Store. Search for it and download the app on your PC.
- You can now find the app in my apps section and enjoy the app CamScanner for PC.
If BlueStacks emulator is not a feasible option for you, another wonderful option is the LDPlayer. Created in 2016, the purpose of this powerful emulator to simplify using android apps on your PC and equip you for a smooth gaming experience.
- Click here and Download LDPlayer app for PC.
- Wait for the download to get completed. Once done, click on the downloaded file to install it. This might take a while depending upon the speed of your internet and your PC as well.
- After completing the installation, open the LDPlayer app. Fill in the required details asked by the emulator to complete the process.
- Next, open Google PlayStore on the app by clicking on the PlayStore icon present.
- In the search bar, type CamScanner and select the appropriate option. Click on install and wait for the app to get downloaded.
- Finally, click on the app icon to use CamScanner on your PC.
Features of CamScanner for PC
- Automatic edge detection: CamScanner has a smart way of automatically estimating the actual required size of the document and detecting the corners of the page.
- Manual editing: You can you this option to achieve the precision you desire.
- High-end image enhancement: upon expansion of the image, the app offers a neat text with clean white background and correction of any wrinkles or faults in your sheet.
- Numerous editing options: You can crop, trim or resize your pages. Additionally, you can highlight the text, add notes, add margins, add signatures, etc. Quite easily. You can even adjust the brightness, contrast, and other options of the images and add filters such as B&W, Low Enhance, Grey, etc. to boost the overall look.
- Photography features: CamScanner allows you to adjust the flash of your camera as per your preference while clicking a picture. Additionally, you can govern the direction of the phone, either by placing it perpendicular or flat above your document.
- Photo Quality: It offers superior quality of scanned images and documents and preserves the readability of the test in any document, irrespective of the light conditions.
- PDF/JPEG File Formats: Sharing options include the possibility to share scanned files in JPEG or PDF format via email attachments or document links.
- Scanning Quality: Apart from advanced editing options, CamScanner offers Auto cropping and quality boosting features and manual editing choices as well which result in sharp-looking images and documents.
- Document Protection: CamScanner allows you to assign passwords for individual documents to ensure complete protection.
- Airprint and Fax: You can print your documents through AirPrint or by fax using CamScanner, with faxing facility available for approximately 30 countries.
- Synchronization: CamScanner allows easy sharing and synchronization of all documents and files on a variety of platforms, via your phones, laptops, or tablets. With the help of any device, you can edit or improve your documents.
- Sharing: Sharing options to send files and documents include Bluetooth, emails, messaging platforms, and users can even save their files on Evernote.
- Tags: The scanned documents are systemized and tagged in an organized way.
- Backup facility: You are free to back up your files either on your SD card or on the Cloud, whenever you wish.
- Integration with Cloud: You can straightaway integrate CamScanner with cloud storage services such as Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.
- OCR: This unique feature stands for optical character reader and performs the job of extracting your document’s material so that it can be edited and consequently shared. However, this is a paid feature and is not available in the free version of the app.
- Simple and smart interface: The app offers a simple design for the easy understanding of users, with the home screen displaying almost all the available options and icons such as camera, sharing, merging, deletion of tags, the addition of password protection, etc. The remaining features and options can be found by clicking the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Is CamScanner available on Google PlayStore for Windows PC?
CamScanner is available on Google PlayStore, but to download it on your PC you will first need to install an android emulator. This is because CamScanner is an android application and has not been launched for PC users yet.
- Is CamScanner free?
Yes, most of the features of CamScanner are free for use. The app offers a paid version with certain advanced and improved features.
- Is CamScanner for PC safe?
Yes, the app is 100% safe, as long as you download it off google PlayStore and not from unverified websites.
Scanning and saving documents to create a softcopy of important files is something that is commonly followed by everyone these days, CamScanner is one of the oldest and safest applications in this field and has been the number one choice for most people. It offers all the necessary features, complete with a smooth app design for an easy user experience. Most of the features are free for use, which makes everything all the better. All in all, this is an application which will not give you a reason to complain about it.