SurfShark VPN: VPN or Virtual Private Network gives you an opportunity to access a public network through your private network. In simpler terms, VPNs encrypt your internet traffic and effectively hide your identity while you are surfing online. This makes it very difficult for third parties to steal your data or even track your activities online.
You can use VPNs for a variety of activities. Suppose you want to stream some content that is not available in your area, a VPN can help you by providing access to some other region’s private network. Or if you frequently use public Wi-Fi, you never know who might be accessing your personal data like passwords, payment information, etc, and stealing from you. Thus, using VPN is a secure way to access the internet.
|Requirement||Windows 10/8/7, previous versions|
|Supported OS||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|In-App Purchases||Yes (Subscription Based)|
SurfShark VPN Review
SurfShark is a VPN service provider which was launched in 2018 in the Netherlands. It offers various products like Virtual Private Network, a data leak detection system, and a private search tool.
Initially, the app was launched just for iOS but in September 2019, an Android App called Trust DNS was launched. In 2019, an independent IT-Security Institute called AV-TEST granted an official seal of approval to 10 VPN Packages and SurfShark was one of them. In 2020, SurfShark was named the best VPN of 2020 by CNN.
SurfShark is one of the best VPNs available in the market today. With excellent quality and stellar performance, it tops many of the editor’s choice lists published by credible security institutes.
Why you should download SurfShark
SurfShark ranks higher than a number of its peers on a variety of criteria.
- Value for money: The short-term plans for SurfShark start at $12.95 per month, which is a bit on the higher side. But if you opt for long-term plans i.e. a two-year plan for $59.76, the relative price sharply declines for the average price of $72.33 for the same period, as offered by other VPN services. It also lets you use an unlimited number of devices on one account, while other companies usually have a cap of 5 devices.
- Safety against data leak: While using VPNs, a major concern is that your DNS information or your IP address may get leaked to third-party users. SurfShark takes special care to protect your information using advanced DNS Leak prevention tools by successfully hiding the IP addresses.
SurfShark VPN Download for PC
This section will provide you with the steps and guide you to download and install VPN SurfShark for PC.
You will need a Windows 7 or higher version for this app to run.
Step 1: Go to the official website of SurfShark and click on Download for PC.
Step 2: Once the download is complete, go to the Downloads folder on your device and click on SurfShark.Setup.
Step 3: A pop-up will open asking you to allow the app to make changes to your computer. Click on yes.
Step 4: The installation will now initiate automatically. Once the installation is complete, log in to the app and click on Connect to enjoy the fastest network available.
You will need a MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher version for this app to run.
Step 1: Open the App Store and search for SurfShark. Or you can simply visit the official website and click on Download.
Step 2: Click on the Get button in your App Store. The download will begin
Step 3: The app will get installed automatically. Once it is done, open the app and log in.
Step 4: Click on Connect. A pop-up will open for you to configure your device. In the indicated area, type the password that you use to unlock your MAC and select Always Allow.
Step 5: You will now be connected to the fastest network available.
- High-Speed: The servers on SurfShark offer an internet speed of up to 10Gbit. Various speed tests provided by credible platforms like Ookla have given amazing results when checked for VPN speeds. You can stream videos in high quality without experiencing any sort of buffering.
- Kill Switch: Sometimes the connection may drop from your end before you logged out safely. You don’t need to worry in such cases because SurfShark provides the Kill Switch feature which is a safety net for these situations. Your activities and private data are automatically encrypted and hence prevented from exposure.
- Camouflage mode: This enables you to hide your activities from your browser too. The browser cannot even detect the VPN ad hence, it doesn’t realize that you are even using one.
- NoBorders Mode: SurfShark lets you access VPN from all corners of the world. You can connect to any network and enjoy the regional content from that area, without any hassle. You can also access SurfShark from anywhere you are and in this way; SurfShark VPN offers a minimal restrictive service.
- MultiHop: This feature of the app allows you to route your traffic through different servers at once. This will not only enable you to use multiple networks simultaneously but also take your security to a whole new level by adding layers to it.
- Split-tunneling: When you are at work and connected to your company’s server, you might want to access some private network for additional data access. SurfShark allows you to do so via a public Wi-Fi network through this feature.
So, if you love streaming shows and movies, playing games with players across the world, or simply accessing some regional website, SurfShark is the ideal VPN for you. The best feature of the app is that it is located in the British Virginia Islands, a region that lies outside the jurisdiction of groups such as Five Eyes, Nine Eyes, etc. This also allows the company to enjoy the freedom from forceful submission of data by the US federal government and give you a completely surveillance-free experience.
Q1. Is SurfShark a good VPN provider?
Ans: SurfShark has been audited multiple times by credible firms and has a very transparent policy statement. Hence, data breaching is an impossible feat while using the app.
Q2. Does SurfShark provide a fast network even on remote servers?
Ans: Most users have reported excellent quality of network support through almost all networks, including remote ones. Some networks might experience minimal traffic at times but that won’t be big enough to disturb your experience.
Q3. Can I download the app on my Mobile?
Ans: Yes, you can download the app from the app store on your device.
Q4: Can I use SurfShark for free?
Ans: The basic facility of VPN service is available for free to all users. However, if you want to access additional features like Kill Switch, MultiHop, or NoBorders, you’ll need to subscribe to the app.
Ans: SurfShark for PC has a locational advantage over other VPN in this case. Because it is situated in British Virginia Islands, it is free from jurisdiction from major firms and governments.